Our most recent reports
Job Posting: Senior Book Designer, Greystone Books
February 11th, 2014
Full time, salary position in Vancouver Railtown office
Greystone Books, a Canadian trade book publisher, is looking for a book designer to work in an environment where visual quality has always been of the highest priority. Click through for full details.
Design and/or oversee the design of all books from cover concept through to interior design, typesetting and preparation of all printer ready files. Design of catalogues, marketing and promotional materials as required. Art direct and manage freelance designers, photographers, illustrators and map makers. Attend concept meetings and manage design-related matters for upcoming books. Maintain archives, systems and technology relating to the design department.
– Firm understanding of publishing workflow and book design process.
– Minimum 3 years experience in book design and typesetting in both text driven and illustrated publications.
– Expert in InDesign and Photoshop, comfortable with Word, Excel and barcode software.
– Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Professional, with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Submit resume and pdf portfolio or website with a focus on book design. Submissions without extensive book design samples will not be considered.
email@example.com before February 24, 2014.