Our most recent reports
Job Posting: Production Editor with Orca Book Publishers
August 3rd, 2012
Orca Book Publishers is a successful Canadian children’s book publisher. With more than 600 titles in print and 75 new titles a year, we have a growing and successful publishing program. We are looking for a professional, motivated Production Editor to join our creative team. Working with the Director of Art and Production and the Production and Editorial departments, the successful candidate will be responsible for the trafficking of manuscripts between editorial and production, managing proofreaders and copyeditors, checking changes to typeset pages, managing an extensive reprint program, proofreading promotional material, project management and scheduling. This position will also be involved in the production of digital files for our growing eBook and Print on Demand programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Management of freelance copyeditors and proofreaders;
• Responsibility for tracking final manuscripts from editorial, through copyediting and proofreading to typesetting and layout;
• Ensuring that all changes are tracked and entered in final page proofs;
• Liaising with editorial, production and marketing;
• Coordinating and scheduling production of trade and educational catalogues;
• Archiving paper and electronic book files.
• Keen interest in the Canadian children’s book publishing industry;
• Adobe InDesign CS5; Acrobat, MS Office (Excel and Word);
• Fluent knowledge of proofreader’s marks;
• Firm grasp of English usage, grammar, etc.;
• Ability to learn and adhere to Orca house style guide;
• Experience in typesetting an asset;
• Experience with eBook production preferred but not required;
• Familiarity with Mac and PC;
• Experience in book publishing or a related field;
• Candidate must be highly efficient and organized and must enjoy working with people.
Please send resume by August 15, 2012 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.