Our most recent reports
Job Posting: Marketing Coordinator, Orca Book Publishers
August 7th, 2013
Orca Book Publishers, a successful Canadian children’s book publisher with a North American presence, is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to work in their busy Victoria office. This position will be responsible for the coordination of marketing campaigns for books and digital content, managing ongoing marketing efforts and formulating new campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a marketing background and some book experience. Orca is looking for someone who is organized, forward-thinking and eager to generate new ideas.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain reviewer mailing lists and mail Advance Reading Copies and finished copies to reviewers and others
- Trade show attendance and follow-up;
- Write and disseminate press releases;
- Special marketing projects as they arise, including book trailer development;
- Book ads and negotiate rates;
- Develop seasonal ad schedule in consultation with Publisher;
- Write ad copy and work with designers to produce and submit ads;
- Track and archive ads;
- Explore new advertising venues.
- Work with editors on marketing copy, such as catalogue copy and taglines.
- Explore creative ways of presenting front matter, cover copy, etc.
- Coordinate timing and delivery of advance materials;
- Develop concepts and create Production Memos (design briefs) for promotional materials such as bookmarks/postcards, shelf-talkers, flyers, posters, other packaging;
- Design and create sell sheets, press kits, trade show materials.
New Idea Generation
- Explore new avenues for promoting books, both in print and digitally;
- New products and re-purposing of existing content.
Word, Excel and other general office software;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Must like dogs and other living things, people included.
While not required, experience in book publishing or retail book sales will be considered an asset. Orca offers a competitive wage and benefits package and a comfortable working environment.
If interested, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter by September 6, 2013.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thanks for your interest in Orca Book Publishers.