Our most recent reports
Job Posting: Editor, Self-Counsel Press
December 22nd, 2014
Self-Counsel Press, an established Canadian book publisher with global sales, is looking for a early-career editor to work in their North Vancouver office. This position will report to the Publisher/Editor-in-Chief and work with the SCP production team to develop, edit and produce new titles, update current titles, and help administer the office’s editorial operation.
The ideal candidate will have formal training and experience as a book editor. They enjoy explaining complex issues so that an average person can understand. They are web-savvy and enjoy working with html and css. Self-Counsel Press produces their ebooks in-house, so an understanding of XML and digital publishing technology is an asset.
Among the duties:
• Conduct substantive editing and proofreading of manuscripts.
• Identify titles for acquisition, working with the management team, and develop contracts for authors.
• Work with new authors to keep manuscripts on track and existing authors when books need updating.
• Work with the Marketing Manager on catalog copy and metadata.
• Work with the Publicity Manager on planning and implementation of publicity campaigns.
• Work with the Production Manager on scheduling and ebook issues.
• Contribute website content.
• Ensure up-to-date contract files, archiving of books, and other editorial clerical-related functions.
Please send applications by email to: email@example.com