Our most recent reports
Job Posting: eBOUND Canada
May 7th, 2012
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Manager of Technology is responsible for the management and implementation of technology projects at eBOUND Canada. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with passion for digital reading and strong strategic thinking skills.
eBOUND’s mission is to advance the digital engagement of independent publishers regardless of their experience or level of expertise. We support a large number of firms as they leverage their content to grow their businesses in the digital space across a broad base of channels in Canada and around the world.
Our services fall into three broad categories: the collective purchase of digital services, the collective licensing of ebook content to multiple distribution channels, and professional development including the dissemination of market and technical intelligence.
Responsibilities fall into three inter-related categories:
Technology Services and Infrastructure Management
· Overseeing the procurement process of new digital services and IT systems. Activities include but are not limited to; research, writing RFI and RFP documents, organizing user focus groups and negotiations.
· Implements conversion projects and provides troubleshooting support to publishers throughout the process.
· Maintains eBOUND’s technology infrastructure, including internal databases for tracking enrolment, sales reports and metadata, digital asset management /distribution systems, and general network issues.
· Testing and troubleshooting of new eBOUND systems and publisher digital initiatives.
· Administration of eBOUND’s digital services contracts with publishers.
· Manages deliveries to ebook channels, including preparation, delivery, and troubleshooting of metadata templates, ONIX, and ebook content
· Establish new sales channels by liaising with vendor technical teams and CoreSource support staff
· Integrating new sales reports, catalog reports, and any other vendor-driven reporting into current workflow and systems
· Provides first level customer support on all digital services including but not limited to the digital asset management system or conversion.
· Coordinates and escalates issue resolution with third party service providers in order to maintain a high level of service capability.
· Provides internal support to the professional development team regarding delivery of content via technology.
· Acting as a resource for publishers regarding ebook production and sales
Supervision and Administration
· Supervises the Digital Services Coordinator’s activities in the all areas including but not limited to training of publishers, member support, and contract administration.
· Oversees relationships, including invoicing and payments, with service providers of technical services and systems
· Post-secondary education preference given to degrees in publishing or IT.
· Knowledge of the ebook production process.
· Demonstrated success in project management preferably in implementing SaaS and proprietary systems.
· Demonstrated ability in procuring and supporting IT systems.
· Previous experience managing a team.
· Detail oriented with a proven ability to successfully function in a fast-paced, evolving organization.
Resumes accompanied by a cover letter detailing why you are eBOUND’s next Manager of IT will be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 5pm Monday May 14th, 2012. Only those candidates who most closely meet our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest.