Our most recent reports
Job Posting: Orca Book Publishers
February 15th, 2011
Orca Book Publishers is a successful Canadian children’s book publisher. With 500 titles
in print and 65 new titles a year, we have a growing and successful publishing program, both in print and digital. We are looking for a professional, motivated Production Associate to join our competent team.
Working with the Director of Art and Production and the marketing department, the successful candidate will be responsible for typesetting and layout on a number of different projects. This position will also be involved in the production flow of digital files for our growing eBook program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Catalogue and direct mail piece production from layout and design thorough
· Design and layout of teachers’ guides, educational resource and collateral
· Creating original layouts, as well as working from existing templates;
· Production of press and promotional materials, including display ads, flyers and
· Some web site experience;
· Archiving paper and electronic book files;
· Assisting with production and management of eBook files;
· Assisting with database input;
· Assisting with production scheduling.
· Keen interest in the Canadian children’s book publishing industry
· Adobe InDesign CS; Photoshop etc
· Familiarity with MAC and PC
· Experience in a related field an asset
· Experience in type-setting an asset
· Ability to work independently
· Candidate must be highly efficient and organized; must enjoy working with
Please send resume by February 28, 2011 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.