Our most recent reports
Job Posting: Executive Director, Magazine Association of BC
June 8th, 2011
Founded in 1993, the Magazine Association of BC (MABC) is a non-profit organization based in Vancouver that represents more than 80 magazine publishers across B.C.
We are seeking a self-motivated executive director to plan and oversee the association’s
various activities, programs and operations, including several projects supported by the Canada Periodical Fund.
The executive director is responsible for the financial stability of the association, ensuring that programs meet the highest possible standards, and promoting MABC activities through contact with arts and business organizations, government, the publishing industry and the general public.
• Fundraising and grant writing, public relations, financial management, event management
and program management
• Leading the association in a consultative and open environment in conjunction with the
elected board of directors
• Managing association staff and contract workers
• Knowledge of the B.C. magazine publishing industry
• Proven experience planning, implementing and managing comprehensive programs
• Experience fundraising and writing grants
• Experience managing and motivating volunteers and staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to work evenings and weekends when required
This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to Dave Allen, MABC Hiring Committee, at
firstname.lastname@example.org by June 29, 2011.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Visit us online at www.magsbc.com.