Our most recent reports
Job Posting: Editor at D&M Publishers Inc.
July 4th, 2011
D&M Publishers Inc. is currently seeking an Editor to work in their Vancouver office, on both Douglas & McIntyre and Greystone titles.
Core responsibilities include:
• Project manage and substantively edit text and illustrated manuscripts
• Copyedit text and illustrated manuscripts
• Write ABIs and jacket/cover copy
• Project manage buy-ins from foreign publishers
• Prepare jacket/cover copy and manage interior changes for NFRs
• Assist in developing potential book ideas for D&M editorial lists
• Assess comparative and competitive titles
• Attend concept meetings and production meetings
Other responsibilities, as required, may include:
• Proofread laser pages and bluelines
• Review and evaluate copyediting/proofreading tests taken by freelancers, interns and new staff
• Minimum 5 years book editing experience
• Documented skill in substantive editing and copyediting
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Ability to prioritize one’s own work
• Excellent project management skills
This position is available August 15, 2011. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resumé by July 14, 2011 to:
D&M Publishers Inc.
2323 Quebec St. Suite 201
Vancouver, BC V5T 4S7
By e-mail: email@example.com
By fax: 604-254-9099
We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.