Our most recent reports
Job Posting: Digital & Online Marketing Intern (paid)
June 24th, 2011
RMB | Rocky Mountain Books is looking for a full-time Digital & Online Marketing Intern (September 1, 2011, to July 31, 2012). This is a paid position, reporting to the Publisher and based out of our Victoria, BC, office.
Responsibilities will include:
– enhancing RMB’s online marketing efforts with Indigo, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, CataList, Canadian Bookshelf, etc
– developing connections with consumers online via GoodReads, Book Club Buddy, blogs, etc
– creating online promotional pieces – audio and video – for use on the RMB website and beyond
– interacting with RMB’s webmaster in terms of continuing to develop and enhance our website
– monitoring RMB’s online bibliographic data with Indigo, Amazon, Google, Kobo, Apple, Sony, CataList, Canadian Bookshelf, etc
– supplying our CAN, USA and UK distributors and sales reps with updates on our online activity
– assisting in editing, proofing, creating and marketing RMB eBooks (PDF and ePub)
– digitizing the RMB photo and map archives; creating a searchable, electronic database of images
The ideal candidate will have:
– a good sense of humour
– excellent attention to detail
– the ability to adapt to changing deadlines and trends
– above average writing and communication skills
– familiarity with major social media platforms and trends
– strong computer skills, along with expert use of everyday software (Word, Excel, etc)
– knowledge of HTML and Adobe CS4/5 design suite
This person should be an effective, creative and proactive multi-tasker who possess a healthy obsession and enthusiasm for books, publishing, technology and social media. While this is most certainly an internship that focuses on digital technology and online marketing relating to the book industry, the individual may be called on to assist with projects in other departments such as Production, Editorial, Design and Office Administration on a regular basis.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to RMB’s publisher, Don Gorman (firstname.lastname@example.org), by no later than Monday, August 1, 2011.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BONUS POINTS: applicants that also possess strong, well-developed editorial skills will find themselves at the top of the resume pile.