Our most recent reports
Canadian Scholar’s Press Seeks Research & Marketing Intern
February 3rd, 2016
Canadian Scholars’ Press Inc./Women’s Press (CSPI) is seeking a Research and Marketing intern. Working from their downtown Vancouver office, this individual will receive a unique opportunity to learn about all aspects of higher educational publishing from CSPI’s satellite office.
• Conducting extensive market research to identify new sales opportunities
• Completing direct marketing campaigns for new and backlist titles
• Updating CSPI’s customer relationship management database
• Updating CSPI’s social media accounts
• Mailing books and catalogues
• Writing copy for marketing materials
• Attending occasional book launches/ conferences
• Conducting various administrative tasks for the Vancouver and Toronto offices
Note: intern will be required to supply own laptop
CSPI is looking for an enthusiastic team player who thrives on taking initiative. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills, and be comfortable managing work flow on a number of projects. Applicants must currently be enrolled in a Publishing program or have graduated within the last 12 months.
This is a full-time*, three-month internship, beginning in late February with an honorarium of $50 per day.
*To accommodate students, requests for adjusted work schedules will be considered
Please submit your cover letter and resume, in one PDF document, to Kerrie Waddington at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 11, 2016.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.